The box office for the Christmas Revels: A Christmas in Old Europe, is open as of October 23rd!
Tickets are available from Box Office Tickets anytime of the day or night. Tickets are available via phone from the Revels Box Office – 503-200-1604 – Monday though Friday 10 AM to 4 PM PST.
Group sales discounts of 10% are available through the Portland Revels Box Office for orders of 10 or more tickets for a single performance. Check the Revels website at portlandrevels.org for details on ticket prices.
The shows run from Friday, December 6th and continue through Sunday, December 15th. See below for all 11 show times.
Friday December 6 - 7:30pm Saturday December 7 - 1pm matinee and 7:30pm Sunday December 8 - 1pm matinee and 7 pm** Thursday December 12 - 7:30pm** Friday December 13 - 7:30pm Saturday December 14 - 1pm matinee and 7:30pm Sunday December 15 - 1pm matinee and 5pm **ASL interpreted performance
What’s the show about? It seems there is a wondrous clock built to celebrate the solstice and the cycle of the seasons. It’s so amazing the mayor throws a party to coincide with the town’s annual Mummers competition. Mummers and townsfolk from Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Russia, Georgia, Macedonia, Serbia and Poland gather for the unveiling of the clock before the Empress, who makes a hasty decree which will leave time itself hanging in the balance. Sounds exciting doesn’t it!
Come see the magic that the Christmas Revels yearly offers including their guests for this year:
- Portland Brass Quintet
- Eric Stern, from The Vagabond Opera
- Ithica Tell as the Empress
- Burl Ross, the favorite fool of past Christmas Revels productions
Get your tickets today!
- An Oregon Music News review of the Appalachian Christmas Celebration, the 2012 stage production of the Portland Revels.
- Another review of the Appalachian Christmas Celebration posted on the blog, ut omnia bene, in 2012.
- Artslandia (file requires Adobe Reader) article on the Portland Revels